We dropped by for a visit with Steve Gesell on the sixth day into his “dream job” as the new Chief of Police in San Luis Obispo
Please enjoy this complementary digital copy of SLO LIFE Magazine
and follow us on Social Media for all the latest on the Central Coast
Feb/Mar 2012 | Volume 1 – Number 1
- Meet Ahmad Nooristani, born in Afghanistan, smuggled into Pakistan to escape was, and immigrated to the United States at 14-years-old where he worked full-tie since the third day he arrived
- We dropped by for a visit with Steve Gesell on the sixth day into his “dream job” as the new Chief of Police in San Luis Obispo
- “I was arguing with the helicopter pilot to go lower and stay out longer – the conditions were perfect, the afternoon light just right,” recalls Joseph Dominguez, a professional photographer based in Cambria
- We visit the home of Georgiana Peterson who likes to describe it as “a country-style house with French accents.”
- San Luis Obispo-based musician, Derek Senn, asked his parents for a guitar on his tenth birthday. Ten years later while bicycling through South American he picked up a guitar again
- Join Paden Followwill as she explores rock climbing on Bishop’s Peak
- Barbara Saia first became associated with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society as a participant in the Maui Marathon in honor of her two friends that lost their lives because of blood related cancer
- It’s one of the few places in the world where elephant seals live. Join Jeanette Trompeter as she visits them in San Simeon
- Students in San Luis Obispo schools will learn about life in Nepal
- Last year, Roberto Monge made an astonishing discovery in his backyard: the soil was a near-exact match to the soil he had grown up with in his native El Salvador
Live the SLO LIFE with your San Luis Obispo Magazine! SLO County is an amazing, unique even magical place that becomes a part of the people who live and visit here. From Nipomo to Paso Robles, and all that lies in between, SLO LIFE Magazine brings you the very best of California’s Central Coast.
Ready to have a little piece of the Central Coast delivered to your mailbox? Your SLO LIFE Magazine subscription includes a full year of the print issues. If this is a GIFT you can have it shipped to friends or family on the checkout page.