There is not much that Eric Veium would not do for alternative energy, including donating one of his kidneys.
Please enjoy this complementary digital copy of SLO LIFE Magazine
and follow us on Social Media for all the latest on the Central Coast
Volume 11 – Number 1
- There is not much that Eric Veium would not do for alternative energy, including donating one of his kidneys
- Fifteen years ago, Susie Theule had an idea. Today, that idea has a name: SLO Classical Academy
- The Urban Dictionary defines the word “derl” as “someone that often exaggerates their skills and abilities. For psychedelic orchestra Matt Nice and the Derls, it comes to mean something different
- The Tri Tip Challenge is a local claim to fame where you hike three of the biggest hills in the area—Bishop Peak, Madonna (Cerro San Luis) and High School Hill (Bowden Ranch Trail)— all in the same day. It’s a big feat if you can do it
- Erin O’Neil As an active volunteer with SLO Food Bank and Big Brothers Big Sisters, this artistic eighteen-year-old San Luis Obispo High School senior is painting a bright future
- When you first see Vincent Bernardy’s work, it is hard not to be drawn in by his playful brushstrokes and the jagged lines of cut metal and wood in his sculptural pieces
- This year, the State of California moved its Presidential Primary Election up to March, which means that all of the down ballet local races that go along with it will take place a few months earlier than they normally do
- During his time abroad, Jim Edmondson was surrounded by innovative architects and adopted many European design philosophies that he continues to incorporate in his designs today
- Remember when brunch only happened on holidays or for the occasional family get-together? Not anymore. Welcome to Brunch’s Gilded Age
- Nothing says comfort food on a chilly day like soup served with a grilled sandwich, Chef Jessie Rivas pulls out all the stops
- Here are some winemakers that are going rogue and trying some throwback methods of using yeast for fermentation to make some top-notch wines
- 2020 was a year of shakeups for the local brewing scene— construction projects, changes of ownership, relocations, and, naturally, a shifting of staff between breweries
Live the SLO LIFE with your San Luis Obispo Magazine! SLO County is an amazing, unique even magical place that becomes a part of the people who live and visit here. From Nipomo to Paso Robles, and all that lies in between, SLO LIFE Magazine brings you the very best of California’s Central Coast.
Ready to have a little piece of the Central Coast delivered to your mailbox? Your SLO LIFE Magazine subscription includes a full year of the print issues. If this is a GIFT you can have it shipped to friends or family on the checkout page.